Cruising the Mekong from Phnom Penh to the Mekong Delta is the best way to explore this beautiful part of Cambodia and Vietnam. Lie back on your comfortable river cruiser and enjoy the scenery!
Day 1: Phnom Penh to Chau Doc (Meals: None)
Around 11:30 your journey will begin at your hotel in Phnom Penh and take you on a speed boat across the border of Vietnam. Around 16:30 the speed boat arrives in Chau Doc and you will be transferred to your hotel (Victoria Chau Doc Hotel - Superior Room).
Day 2: Panoramic river cruise through the Mekong Delta (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
In the morning you travel by shuttle transfer to Cai Be. Around noon you board one of our ships and get familiar with your cabin. Enjoy your lunch while the boat starts cruising through the branches and canals of the Mekong. Sit back on the sundeck or in our lounge and enjoy the amazing sights — the lush vegetation and the diverse daily life of the people in the Mekong Delta. During your land excursion you stroll through lush orchards or rice fields. Look at how food is processed or watch how locals build their boats. Round the day off with a drink at the bar while the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape.
Day 3: Visit a floating market, transfer to Ho Chi Minh City (Breakfast, Lunch)
The ship takes off at sunrise, just when the Delta comes back to life. In Cai Rang you board a sampan and explore the vibrant tangle of a floating market (1) with its excessive abundance of tropical fruits and vegetables. You can take samples and haggle with the dealers over prices. On even dates, you will explore the small channels of the Mekong delta around Cai Be with a small sampan or by foot.
The floating markets in the Mekong Delta are no tourist markets but wholesale markets where produce of the Mekong Delta like fruits and vegetables are traded. For this reason the number of boats on the market fluctuates depending on harvesting seasons and market demand. Furthermore, modern wholesale markets are becoming more popular in Vietnam. This can result in decreasing numbers of boats being present on the markets.
On even dates, you will have lunch at the Mekong Rest Stop. On odd dates, lunch is served in Vinh Long City.
|Boat||Low season||Peak season|
|(April — September)||(October — March)|
|Mekong Eyes Classic (Superior Cabin)||(US$ 485)||(US$ 549)|
Our tours include
- Road transfer from Phnom Penh to Pier
- Accommodation in cozy double or twin bedded cabins on our luxury cruises
- Guided walk and side trip on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking guide on the cruise boat and side trips
- Shuttle service from Can Tho / Cai Be to Chau Doc
- Hotel in Chau Doc (Victoria Hotel superior room)
- Public speed boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc
- Transfer from the jetty to the hotel in Chau Doc
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on your cruise boat and in hotel room
- Visa fee for Vietnam is not included
- Private transfer to Saigon available
- Drinks (except for breakfast and the mineral water in your cabin/hotel room)
- Dinner in Chau Doc on the first evening
- Private transfers are included for Gecko Eyes passengers; for passengers on Dragon Eyes private transfers are available for US$ 45 per person.
Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice.