This tour is also available on our exclusive Dragon Eyes (2 cabins) and the private house boats Gecko Eyes (1 cabin).
Day 1: Phnom Penh to Chau Doc (Meals: None)
Around 11:30 your journey will take you on a speed boat across the border of Vietnam. Around 16:30 the speed boat arrives in Chau Doc and you will be transfered to your hotel (Victoria Chau Doc Hotel Superior Room).
Day 2: Panoramic River cruise through the Mekong Delta (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
In the morning you travel by shuttel transfer to Can Tho. Around noon you board one of our ships and get familiar with your cabin. Enjoy your lunch while the boat starts cruising through the branches and canals of the Mekong. Sit back on the sundeck or in our lounge and enjoy the amazing sights — the lush vegetation and the diverse daily life of the people in the Mekong Delta. During your land excursion you stroll through lush orchards or rice fields. Look at how food is processed or watch how locals build their boats. Round the day off with a drink at the bar while the sun sets over the magnificent water landscape.
Day 3: An exotic world of its own (Breakfast, Lunch)
After breakfast and an early start through the glorious morning atmosphere on the Mekong river. In Cai Be will explore the delta by foot or with a small sampan. Be sure not to miss the great photo opportunities for authentic snapshots of the Mekong people and their life. In the afternoon explore by bike or foot other parts of the Mekong-Delta.
Day 4: Floating markets and transfer to Saigon (Breakfast, Lunch)
Wake up well rested to the sound of the river and get ready for another exciting day of sightseeing in the Mekong Delta. At 6.30h the cruise vessel sets off for a sunrise cruise. Watch the locals go about their daily work drying exotic fruits and building ships on the wooden yards while enjoying an early breakfast.
After breakfast, we will board a sampan boat to Cai Rang floating market, the region’s busiest and most lively markets. Marvel at the sheer abundance of exotic fruits and vegetables. We will pull up to the boats for talking and bargaining with the merchants. You will also visit some of the local candy and cake making factories or boat through the green water landscape to see local houses, verdant orchards and ship-building yards.
The Mekong Delta cruise boat tour ends at around 11.00 — 11.30h on the pier. Your lunch is served in Vinh Long City.
|Boat||Low season||Peak season|
|(April — September)||(October — March)|
|Mekong Eyes Classic||(US$ 571)||(US$ 639)|
Our tours include
- Road transfer from Phnom Penh to Pier
- Accommodation in cosy double or twin bedded cabins
- Guided walk and side trip on sampan as mentioned in the itinerary
- English speaking guide on the cruise boat and side trips
- Shuttle service from Can Tho / Cai Be to Chau Doc
- Hotel in Chau Doc (Victoria Hotel superior room)
- Public speed boat from Phnom Penh to Chau Doc
- Transfer from the jetty to the hotel in Chau Doc
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Mineral water placed in your cabin on your cruise boat and in hotel room
- Visa fee for Vietnam is not inlcuded
- private transfer to Saigon available
- Drinks (except for breakfast and the mineral water in your cabin/hotel room)
- Dinner in Chau Doc on the first evening
- Private transfers are included for Gecko Eyes passengers; for passengers on Dragon Eyes private transfers are available for US$ 45 per person.
Route and excursions may be subjects to changes without prior notice.