Welcome to Mekong Eyes Cruise
The Mekong Eyes Classic combines regional boat-building traditions with modern comforts to become the perfect holiday vessel to cruise the Mekong Delta in style. At 39 m long and 8.5 m wide, the Mekong Eyes river cruiser was built out of an old, traditional rice barge with the finest quality wood, and artfully decorated by skilled craftsmen of the Mekong Delta.
Why the name Mekong Eyes?
One of the traditional ceremonies performed on a newly constructed Mekong boat is the “eye opening”. The eyes are painted on the bow for good luck, a wide-awake crew and fast and safe journeys.The river cruise boat can comfortably accommodate up to 28 passengers on a large area of approx. 250 m2, it’s like a floating hotel:
- There are 14 lavishly furnished twin and double rooms, each with a private bathroom with shower and hot water, wardrobe and air-conditioning. All rooms offer a fantastic panoramic view over the Mekong River.
- here is a large dining room in the lower deck, where you can enjoy culinary specialities of Vietnam or a sundowner in the cosy bar.
- A stylish upper-deck inside panorma lounge invites you to sit back and take in the impressions of the fantastic scenery and the busy every day life on the river.
- On the top deck you will find an open sitting area and sun deck with breathtaking views. While you are basking on the sun deck our friendly staff will pamper you with cool drinks and freshly cooked delicacies.
- Our crew will do their utmost to provide you with all the services and comfort you need during your Mekong Delta cruise. The captain and his deck hand as well as the engineer are in charge of the technical details and the routing. An experienced chef and sevice staff will take you on a culinary journey through Vietnam. A local guide will explain the life and culture of the Mekong Delta to you and answer any questions you might have. Our staff also get regular safety trainings.
Technical Specifications Mekong Eyes Classic
- Class: River Cruiser
- Max. length 39 m (125 ft.)
- Max. beam: 8.5 m (27 ft.)
- Draft: 1.8 m
- Load: 400 tons
- Number of cabins: 14 (8 twins and 6 doubles). All are deluxe standard with private bathrooms
- Air-conditioned indoor restaurant with bar
- Indoor panorama lounge with air-condition
- Outside sitting area
- Sun deck
- Main engine: Cummins 450 hp
- 2 electrical generators: Yanmar 100 kVA, 24h hour electricity supply
- Toshiba central-controlled air-conditioning and ventilation
- Heat and smoke detectors
- Fire fighting system
- 14 Deluxe cabins private bathrooms
- Panoramic window with river view
- Bathrobe and slippers
- Spa-branded amenities
- Daily free mineral water
- Unlimited tea and coffee available
- Safe at reception
- Convertible bed configuration twin or double
- Hair dryer
Tours and Services
On the Mekong Eyes vessel you can book the following Mekong tours in a twin or a double cabin.
- 2-Day Mekong Delta Cruise between Cai Be and Can Tho
- 3-Day Mekong Delta Cruise between Cai Be and Can Tho
- 3 or 4 Day Tour from Saigon to Phnom Penh
- 3-Day Tour from Saigon to Phu Quoc
- 2-Day Tour from Saigon to Phu Quoc