Luggage of people on entry and exit (including clothes, personal belongings with reasonable quantity in service of the trip's purpose) must be declared in case as follow:
- Luggage exceeding duty free concessions;
- Luggage sent before or after the traveler;
- Imports and exports under regulation of the State;
- Professional equipment temporarily imported and re-exported or vice versa;
- Addictive medication;
- Jewelry gold, fine-art gold exceeding 300g;
- Drafts, cheque or precious metals, precious stones with a value of more than VND 300 million;
- Foreign currency exceeding USD 5,000 (five thousand) or its equivalent in other foreign currency, or more than VND 15,000,000 (fifteen million) in cash.
Goods prohibited for import: weapons, ammunition, explosives, military equipment, drugs, toxic chemicals, immoral and reactionary products, firecrackers of all kinds, toys with a negative impact on education, and social security, cigarettes beyond the quantity stipulated, some consumer goods, materials and vehicles have used, ingot gold, raw material gold...
Goods prohibited for export: weapons, ammunition, explosives, military equipment, antiques, drugs, toxic chemicals, wild animals, endangered animals and plants, documents related to national security, ingot gold, raw material gold...
Duty free concessions for arriving passengers:
- Liquor: 1.5 litres of liquor above 22° alcohol; 2.0 litres of liquor below 22°; 3 litres of alcoholic beverages;
- Cigarettes: 200 pieces; Cigars: 100 pieces; Tobacco: 500g;
- A reasonable quantity of clothes and personal belongings related to the purpose of the trip;
- Articles other than those mentioned above (excluding the list of goods banned for import or subject to conditional import) with total a value not exceeding VND 10,000,000 (ten million).
Note: Foreigners carrying luggage, in excess of duty-free quotas to be given as presents and gifts with a total value not exceeding VND 1,000,000 (one million) will be exempt from taxes.
Procedure for foreign vehicles to Viet Nam
- The people driving left side steering wheel used cars under 9 seats, left side steering wheel used home-cars and motorbikes to Viet Nam for tourism purpose must contact with international tour operators of Viet Nam to complete approval procedure. The necessary documents include: passport (or alternative documents) with the validity of at least 6 months since the date of entrance, visa, valid vehicle registration certificate, suitable driving license. Specifically, valid certifications about engineering and environmental protection are required for cars.
- Within 3 working days since the full receipt of valid documents from international tour operators of Viet Nam, Vietnamese Ministry of Transport would issue document on approving or disapproving (specifying reasons) for foreign vehicles to Viet Nam.
Regulations for foreign vehicles when taking part in traffic in Viet Nam
- Following guide-vehicles with logo or symbol flag of international tour operators of Viet Nam.
- Taking part in traffic in the allowed routes and time according to the regulations in the approval document on foreign vehicles to Viet Nam of Vietnamese Ministry of Transports.
- Obeying law of road traffic of Viet Nam and taking the requested documents to complete procedure to Viet Nam, valid civil liability insurance certificate of vehicle’s owner in Viet Nam and temporary import certificate of the vehicle.